LiquidVPN Terms of Services
LiquidVPN believes in transparency and in keeping things short and to the point. Effective 2/21/2014 and updated on 6/18/2016 these are LiquidVPN’s updated terms of service. When signing into LiquidVPN servers, you agree to follow these terms of service. When signing up for service, you must express your agreement with these services. Violating any of these terms may result in termination of our service.
Throughout this Agreement, the terms “We”, “Us” or “Our” represents LiquidVPN, its agents, employees, owners, and assets. The term “You” represents the User/Subscriber.
AS A SUBSCRIBER TO OUR SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- You are subscribing to a service, which will is automatically deducted from your credit card or PayPal account on a recurring 1-month, 6-month or 12-month basis. If you do not want the funds automatically deducted then you must cancel your account.
- Cancellation requests made at least 24 hours before the payment due date will not be billed automatically.
- Canceled subscriptions will remain active until the end of the current billing period.
- You are responsible for the cancellation of your service.
- You will not use our service to send unsolicited data in any form whatsoever. Including email SPAM, hate mail, mass marketing mail, unsolicited SMS and IM messages.
- You will not share your account with people outside of your immediate family unless you have a business subscription.
- You will not threaten, bully or harass others.
- You will not attack our resources or servers.
- You will not use our service to launch DDoS attacks on other people, websites, computers or networks.
- You will not share any keys not already published on the website.
- You will not use our service to distribute child pornography.
- You will not attack, hack or run scanners on other computers or networks from our service.
- You will not transmit viruses, worms, trojans, spyware or malware from our service.
- You will not use our service to engage in any criminal activities including any form of identity theft, hacking or fraud.
- You will not use our service for phishing.
- You will not promote terrorist activities or transmit material created by a terrorist organization.
- You will not pay for our service with a stolen credit card, PayPal account or Bitcoin wallet.
- You will not share files you do not hold the copyright.
- You will not run applications that impact subscribers ability to connect and use our service.
- You agree that this service is provided “as is” with no warranties and that we are not liable for any damages or loss of profit that may arise from using our service.
- Refunds are granted to users that have asked for a refund within the first seven days of service and have not used an unreasonable amount of resources (5 GB) before requesting the refund. Ultimately refund eligibility will be determined on a case by case basis and will only be given to users that cancel their service and create a ticket to our billing department and ask for a refund.
- Users starting a billing dispute or chargeback will not be eligible for a refund.
- We do not refund cash and cryptocurrency payments.
- We do not guarantee the speed of our service.
- In any event, LiquidVPN shall never be liable for any damages beyond what you have paid for one month of service irrespective of any laws or statutes that are interpreted otherwise.
- We reserve the right to terminate your account without notice or refund if we deem your activities inappropriate or detrimental to our subscribers, assets or company.
- We reserve the right to change or modify these terms of service as needed without warning.
- We will not be held responsible for the cancellation of Paypal subscriptions.
LiquidVPN Logging Policy
The websites you visit and the type of data you’re sending/receiving is your business. We do not monitor this kind of traffic. In fact, our logging policy is very simple.
What Account Information LiquidVPN collects from our VPN network.
- Total number of active user logins per account (How many sessions your using right now)
- Megabytes downloaded/uploaded (Total between all active sessions)
- Megabytes downloaded/uploaded (First 5 gigabytes only)
- Account status (logged in or logged out)
- Number of active sessions per account (How many active sessions your allowed to have)
- Last VPN server accessed (Public IP topology only)
- Failed Logins, these are not always related to active user accounts.
What Information LiquidVPN collects from our LiquidDNS network
- Logs with a severity class of warning or higher are logged
- Rate limits
Anonymous Information LiquidVPN collects from our VPN network.
- System and Kernel Logs
- Firewall logs required for combating abuse
- Server login attempts
- Network logs
What Transactional Information we Store and How it is Used
- Order #
- First Name
- The IP address used to place the order is forwarded to Maxmind for fraud detection and prevention.
- Other user information may be stored if it is filled out by the user. For example, last name, secondary contact email address, and billing address.
LiquidVPN Abuse Policy
We handle abuse in the most transparent way possible. When an abuse is detected on our network or an abuse report is sent to us (except DMCA notices), it will be promptly posted here https://my.liquidvpn.com/knowledgebase/68/Transparency along with the action we plan on taking.
When dealing with abuse reports, court orders and anything else we may have left out the policies presented in our ethics policy are considered binding and will be followed to the letter.
- In the event that any server or cluster of servers are generating an abnormal amount of abuse reports we may temporarily disable or block the type of traffic in question (SMTP/NTP/DNS/P2P), shut down the server(s) in question and/or create Layer 7 filters to mitigate the problem.
- If you have attempted to defraud LiquidVPN, we will share any transaction data we have related to the fraudulent transaction with the proper authorities.
If someone on our service is negatively impacting the performance of our network or our ability to deliver a premium service. We may temporarily mangle and shape traffic on our firewall and if needed in extreme cases re-enable metadata logging in order to stop the disruptive behavior. The metadata collected would be limited to the following:-
- Login/logout Timestamps
- Remote IP
- Local IP
If we determine saving metadata or having our firewall mangle and shape traffic is the only viable course of action, it will be posted beforehand in our transparency section (https://my.liquidvpn.com/knowledgebase/68/Transparency) along with the scope and reasoning behind it. We will attempt to provide ample time to see the update. Metadata does not include any data that would allow us or a 3rd party to infer about websites you are visiting or internet services you are using. We consider the saving of metadata something to be used when no other method exists to stop the behavior in question.
Use of and access to such metadata will be limited and restricted to access by LiquidVPN technicians only for the purpose of resolving actions that are detrimental to the services stability. After which time will be purged completely.
Session data is never stored or recorded, your internet data and usage privacy are our paramount concern.
LiquidVPN Mailing Address
DO NOT send payments to this address. Payments sent to this address may not be applied to your account.
LiquidVPN, Inc. 1603 Capitol Ave. Suite 310 A284 Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001